Friday, February 26, 2010

Okay to put hotel info in save the date wedding magnets?

Having a wedding in NY in August and getting ready to send out save the date magnets. Inviting many people from out west, there is only one hotel in my town I am planning on reserving block of rooms there. Is it okay to put the hotel business card with the magnets?





I know hotel info ususally goes w/ invitations but i think people will start making travel plans....Okay to put hotel info in save the date wedding magnets?
I think that's a great idea! if you have a lot of people planning on traveling or just staying overnight due to intoxication:) then this is clutch.





I am from NJ...I'm used to NY weddings, they are a much bigger deal than other parts of the country. You may get some people saying that its not necessary, but take it from a fellow tri-stater...it's necessary!Okay to put hotel info in save the date wedding magnets?
Save The Date card typically list the date of the wedding, city %26amp; state along with the names of the bride and groom. You also state INVITATION TO FOLLOW ( you send out invitation 6-8 weeks before the wedding). I think it is a great idea to include the hotel contact information. Congrats %26amp; best wishes.
That sounds good, that way people know how much they need to save up for and how much the hotel is per night.
You could do that, if you already have a block of rooms reserved. Along with the business card, youll want to let them know the rate you got and which days the rate is good for. Otherwise just wait and send the invitations %26amp; hotel info earlier than usual.
Why don't you just create a wedding website with that info? My wife and I had a site created by ewedding.com . It is really cheap and easy to use.
As long as you plan to reserve a block of rooms, this is not necessary. Just make sure you reserve enough rooms for every guest that may need one so no one gets ';shorted'; a room.





You better reserve the rooms NOW because that is summer time, that's the month kids start coming back to school and parents sometimes need places to stay (hotel rooms book fast around this time) while there kids are moving in.





Also, make sure that you clarify all the specifics with the hotel - when you can cancel any unnecessary rooms without being charged, how much you will have to put down when you book, and find out the EXACT amount they are going to quote you for all your guests - make sure you get your discount!





You can also create a wedding website on www.theknot.com for free that can provide all your guests with tons of information - you CAN include that in your save the dates. Just write something like ';please feel free to check out our website to keep updated on hotel information, etc.'; Something along those lines.
Are you having a wedding website?


If you put your website details on the magnet then you can update accomodation details once they are finalised.
Go to mywedding.com and make a FREE wedding website with all the details of the wedding. Then, on the bottom of the save the date put your site address- www.mywedding.com/staceyandrodney





It is easy to do - and it got the details of my wedding (and where I was registered!) into the hands of my guests without being obvious!





I made a page about how we met, kept guests informed about my planning details, introduced the wedding party, listed my registry details, pictures from throughout our engagement.... etc...
I don;t think it's necessary to put the hotel details yet. I would wait a while.





Note, if you want to boko the hotel rooms ahead, they may ask for immediate payment (i.e. from you). Summer is a peak time for them, and they will not appreciate 'no-shows'. Be prepared to pay up-front for the rooms.
I put our wedding website address on the save the date magnets. The website has all of that info. If you want to do the business card thing I don't see any problem with it, I'm sure guests will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
I don't hink putting hotel information is needed with save-the-date magnets. A good thing to try would be to start a wedding website. You can find really great ones, and it's free! Check out www.mywedding.com





In the wesite you can add hotels and lots of other things regarding your wedding. You can have your website printed on the magnets, and your guests can find all the information they could possibly need...while you are still being discreet.





If your magnets have already been printed, you can buy small stationary cards and have the website printed on them, and include it in with the magnet.





This is what my fiance and I have done (www.mywedding.com/chrisandsuzy)





It takes no time at all to set up the website...and it is a lot of fun too!
I think that's fine.
Some people like to wait until the last minute to plan things so sending the hotel info is a great idea... especially with so many coming from a ways away. I would also make sure you follow up with reminders so you don't get bombarded the week before your big day!
Yes, I think that is a very good idea.
Yes, that is the best thing to do. You don't have to wait for the invites to go out to let people know about hotel accomidations. I know I like as much notice as possible. If they send me the hotel info with a save the date card, I try to make it a point to stay at the hotel.





Good luck to you both!
  • Can you help set up this
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment