Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Any ideas on how to land a job in the hotel industry (front desk, events, etc)? I want to switch careers.?

I already have a job as an auditor in the federal government, but I'd really love to move into event planning/hotel management. My education background is in business and don't want to get a degree in hotel management until I know I would actually enjoy working in that field. I have some previous experience in working conferences and events, and worked as a caterer before. I don't even mind taking a part time job just to get my feet wet and earn some extra money on the side too.Any ideas on how to land a job in the hotel industry (front desk, events, etc)? I want to switch careers.?
Just apply -- these are High Turnover positions -- meaning that they are ALWAYS looking for employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment