Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Owning a small hotel, I would like to offer showing a Hollywood DVD on certain nights, am I allowed to do so?

I have no clue as to what the liscencing laws are, and If I invite paying guests to watch a recently released movie am I breaking the law, is this different from showing a movie to my family at home?Owning a small hotel, I would like to offer showing a Hollywood DVD on certain nights, am I allowed to do so?
I am pretty sure that you are not allowed to do this officially, same as dvds aren't allowed to be played on coaches, which always happened but is actually illegal. I'm not sure if it is something they will bother to prosecute for- but I wouldn't advertise the fact you are going to show hollywood movies for your patrons for free on a particular night.Owning a small hotel, I would like to offer showing a Hollywood DVD on certain nights, am I allowed to do so?
If you are showing a DVD in the privacy of your home and your home is not a commercial establishment, i.e., hotel, motel, then there is no licensing violation whatsoever when viewing a DVD movie. On the other hand, when the home becomes a ';commercial'; enterprise, and there are guests who are indirectly paying for housing at the home, then you are not entitled to show any DVD movies.





Good luck!
I work in a prison, and we used to show movies from Netflix to our ';customers';, on the weekends.


But like you said it might be different because they are paying for your services.
yes it is illegal because u are gaining money from someone else's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment