Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is there a hotel in Nigeria called limelight?

I got an email from someone that I met online and she said she is American and stranded at this hotel. They confiscated her airline ticket until she pays. I am not sure if she is bsing me, but she sounds pretty desperate and sincere. Can she get help from the United States embassy there?Is there a hotel in Nigeria called limelight?
http://www.419scam.org/419-stuck-in-hote鈥?/a>Is there a hotel in Nigeria called limelight?
I would say it is 99.9% likely that it is a scam.





Whereabouts in Nigeria is she supposed to be? I've lived in Lagos and Abuja, and I've not heard of the Limelight - though there are 1000's of hotels in Nigeria.





There is US Embassy in Nigeria. They have offices in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. A quick google would tell you their phone numbers.





Find out where she is supposed to be flying to and from - how the hotel people got hold of her airline ticket - see if she can supply a location and phone number for the 'hotel'.





If she is being held against her will - she should be able to contact the US Embassy who should at the very least, contact the police.





Like I say though, I'm pretty certain this is a scam
It is a scam. That is what they do they play on your compassion and if you dare send them money, something else will go wrong and they need more. Look up Nigerian scams and you will find many just like your own.
Please don't contact them again. All Nigerians and BLACK are cheaters.


Pass on this message to your friends too.
You actually believe this? Do I smell SCAM here? What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment