Sunday, February 21, 2010

For hurrican gustav, the animal shelters left and have no where to leave my dogs because the hotel will not ?

allow dogs there :( . is there anything anyone knows where i can leave them?





also, do u think that the hurricane will affect river ridge alot?


cause during katrina, all we had wa roof damage


can anyone predict or know?For hurrican gustav, the animal shelters left and have no where to leave my dogs because the hotel will not ?
where are you located? From what I've heard they haven't been able to predict where Gustav will hit, Florida, LA, or TX...


For hurrican gustav, the animal shelters left and have no where to leave my dogs because the hotel will not ?
I don't know where you are evacuating to, but I travel the south extensively with my pets and stay at the following pet-friendly chains:





Jameson Inn


Staybridge Suites


Residence Inn by Marriott


Sheraton


La Quinta


Amerisuites


All Lowe's Hotels


Ritz-Carlton





Also some Hampton Inns, Comfort Inns, and Best Westerns, and Holiday Inn Express





Additionally, during a weather crisis, many hotel chains will relax their pet policies.





Try these sites:





http://www.pet-friendly-hotels.net/pet-f鈥?/a>





http://www.1clickpethotels.com/louisiana鈥?/a>





I pulled up Louisiana, but you can search by state on either site.





Good luck.









My suggestion is to take your dog regardless of what the hotel's policy is. I suspect there will be major bending of the rules if it comes down to it. And Red Cross shelters now accept pets - this is a big change from past disasters.





No one can know the path of the hurricane yet. It's too soon.





Leaving your dog is risking its life. Take him and figure you'll have to figure it out as you go along. Make sure he has a current collar and tag and if you while you have the time, get him microchipped now. That way, if you end up leaving him in a shelter, you'll be able to prove that he is yours if his collar and tags get lost.
I would not leave my dog. Like the other person said, I would sleep in my car first.


I think that during special circumstances like this, rules are bent.


I live in La too, and if we have to evacuate, I am definitely bringing my dog. I will sneak her into the hotel if I have to. She doesn't bark much, and she is a tiny yorkie, so I won't have a problem. Good Luck.
best thing is to make sure your pet's vaccinations are up to date, and also the information on their i.d. tag. make sure theres info on their tag on how to get them back to you.
Nopbody can predict what area will be hit hard by this storm yet! I certainly wouldn't leave my dogs anywhere. They would be with my wife and me...even if we stayed somewhere in our cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment